Learning Quran for Beginners

Asslamualaikum,


Had been a lil bit busy last week and was traveling here and there during the weekends for work. Finally get to spare sometime to blog despite the assignments are pilling high up. 

There is this problem that we Mualaf or reverted Muslims will face is that we didn't get to go for religious lessons like all born-muslim kids does. Yes there are Fardhu-Ain classes and etc for Mualafs but what I meant was you do go to those class every single day like we were "forced" to go to school when we were younger despite you are lazy or you do not like the subject. We are adults now so we have to do things more independently. 

I have to admit that I did not get to attend religious classes regularly, it depends on my timetable because I have to travel back and forth Penang and Selangor quite often. So in this blog, I wanted to share some of my alternative ways of learning Iqra' (Basics before you can read the Holy Quran). Probably not the best way but this is what I do when darurat (emergency), when I do not have other choices.

Yaasin, Iqra and Iqra on the very first Sajadah that was given to me as present when I just reverted. Jazakumullah Khairan Kathira (May Allah reward you with Goodness)!
Firstly, you will need a copy of Iqra' and a mentor or ustaz or ustazah. I will normally revise my Iqra lesson in between Mahgrib and Isyaq prayers. I am currently entering Iqra 3, learning slowly and steadily. 

In order to speed up the process of learning, I would recommend using this book (as in the first photo) called "Jom Belajar Iqra' ". A few months back, I saw a 5 year-old-kid was learning Iqra' with this book and then I straight went to get a copy of it. I know it is meant for kids but it is very useful especially when you don't have people to guide you at that time, times like when I am back at my parent's house. When a 5-year-old can do it, how could you not? 

Jom Belaja Iqra' comes with a Interactive CD.


The book came with an interactive CD where it teaches you to read the Iqra'. Definitely a great way for practicing Iqra' when you don't have anyone around to guide you. This Iqra' syllabus is different with the normal Iqra' that we would use during religious class but it does helps you a lot when you are entering Iqra' 3. I bought it at Popular with only RM29.90 but that was before the GST.

Link: http://www.popular.com.my/products.php?cat=2&sub_cat=129&details=2983

Next is my very precious Yaasin (one of the chapter in the Holy Quran) bible. This copy of Yaasin was given to my by a sister and I could not find the same copy anywhere. Yaasin is the heart of the Holy Quran and I was told that Yaasin can keep us away from "ghost" (Just a metaphor cause there is no such thing is ghost in Islam except for Ginny and Shaitan). As seen the in first photo, it is not very new because I basically will carry everywhere I travel. It just makes me feel safe when I travel.

Yaasin with roman characters and Bahasa Melayu translation.
Since I can't read Arabics yet and this copy of Yaasin has roman characters which is the reason I like it. Therefore I could learn and practice at the same time when people are reading the Surah. 

Lastly, I would like to recommend this very useful application for phone and tablets called "Muslim Pro".


There is a free version for this apps but you can't access to much features, you will need to upgrade to Premium version in order to download all the Surah in the Quran which will cost around USD4.99. I had been using for more than a year and I really like it. There are roman characters for the Quran and a lot of language choices for the translation as well. The only feature that I do not recommend using is the Qibla feature as it is not always accurate. Overall I still think it is very helpful. 


That's all for today, I hope it is helpful and have a great day!







Comments

  1. Nice post, thanks for sharing this post. This will really help in learning quran for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u have such a great blog Ma Sha Allah thanks for sharing with us Learn Online Quran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your article and trust me it was all worth written and have mentioned everything really well about quran learning in your article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a revert and you are doing far more better than born Muslims. Being a Quran Teacher I can understand. You collected nice stuff for leaning Quran. I teach Quran For Kids online at my website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are finding the best Online female Quran teachers for yourself or for your kid, we have the best online Quran Tutor available in our Online Quran Academy that will help you learn Quran online at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. learn Quran online is non-partisan organization we are not part of any group Islamic organization or mosques. We welcome our Muslim brothers and sisters from all around the world to learn holy quran from the comfort of their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learn Quran at home is an excellent program that helps Adults and Kids to learn Quran at home 24 hours and 7 days at any time you want.
    Online Quran Tutor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Online Quran Tutor, Learning Quran is one of the greatest honors for Muslim. Learn Quran at home is an excellent program that helps Adults and Kids to learn Quran at home 24 hours and 7 days at any time you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Learning Quran For Beginners
    Here are someIslamic Teacher On My Website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts