Blessed 25th

Assalamualaikum,

25th birthday on the 25th of March! I am already half way through my twenties. Again, time flies. It seemed like only yesterday I just completed my SPM. I used to think that I am going to get married at the age of 24 or 25 when I was younger. But in the blink of an eye, here am I, 25 and getting married will probably be the last thing to do before 30 (InsyaAllah, only Allah knows). Work and study are my priorities now. Yes, STUDY! I am going to start my Ph.D. soon InsyaAllah, please make doa(dua) for me. Got a mix feeling about it. Never ever imagined I would come this far but I will try my best, may Allah bless us and ease our path. Ameen. 

Here I would like to share an article that I came across a while ago. I am eager to share this with you and finally here is the chance to blog about it. 

I read this article from Forbes.com, "20 Things 20-Years-Olds Don't Get" (link embedded), written by Jason Nazar in 2013.  

"20 Things 20-Years-Olds Don't Get" by Jason Nazar (2013)

I am not going to list down all the 20 points that the writer had written, I am going to highlight a few that I can relate the most. Click on the link above for the full article.


1. You're Talented, But Talent is Overrated
Ouch! But that is so true. As an employee, you may have a lot of talents or having a higher education background but it that enough to survive in the industry?

As an employer (my case, a production director), I normally look up to people that can get the work done efficiently and able to accommodate to different circumstances. Being able to multitask and having multi-talent are becoming the basis. You need to find what outstands you from the others because there are a lot of people are as talented as you do.


2. Be the First In & Last to Leave
I remembered my dad told me this when I was younger, probably when I was in my primary school. He told me that when he was working in a printing company, he always went to work early and left the workplace late. Sometimes he even went to work on the weekends (I remember following him to work during the weekends). Dad always encouraged me to work hard and don't fuss about having more workload than the others because that is a chance to learn. Your boss is always observing, your hard work will pay off. Sometimes not directly, but it will benefit you in your future.


3. Don't Wait to be Told What to Do
We are no longer a 2-year-old having everything spoonfed. Start taking up responsible, anticipate and work ahead.


4. You Need at Least 3 Professional Mentors
I am still working on this. Talking to people, the professionals (not your 三姑六婆) will expand your knowledge and expose yourself to new things. 


5. Your Reputation is Priceless, Don't Damage It
It takes a very long time to build your reputation (either individual's or organization's) but it only takes 2 seconds to ruin it. Think twice before you speak and consider wisely before you act. Don't be driven by emotions.


This a reminder for myself and I hope the article inspires you as it does for me. Growing up is fun yet painful at the same time. #kippidup #dongibab (Keep it Up & Don't Give Up. Very gediks hashtags IKR)

On this special day (drum rolls), a million thanks to my dearest daddy and mummy who loved me unconditionally since I was born and always being very supportive even when I break their hearts. They are my mentors, my best friends, my boyfriend, and girlfriend, my heaven on earth. Words could not express my gratitude enough for Allah granting them as my parents. I am sorry for not able to go home more often but I loved you with all my heart. Ya Allah, please take good care of them till Jannah and grant them with Hidayah one day. Ameen.

Chinese New Year 2017

The best gift that Allah had given me is my family. Alhamdullilah. Thanks to everyone who had been there for me through my ups and downs, I love each and every one of you. xoxo.

Thanks to all my friends and families that wished me today. I am so touched that people remembered my birthday even though I turned off my FB Birthday reminder. My best wishes to you too!

Thank you too for sparing time to read until this very end of my blog. May Allah bless you and your family too. Ameen.









Comments

Popular Posts