BeautyBlog: Things I Couldn't Live Without

Assalamualaikum,


This topic is a little bit off from what I would normally blog about. I think I seldom blog anything like these since I started blogging years ago. Just feeling a bit more girlish lately after following lotsa fashion and beauty gurus blog and youtube channel. 

In this entry, I would like to share some stuff that I used on daily basis.  


Lemme recall when did I bought this product... few months? Or half a year ago? I bought it with Sensitive Brush Head. I had a very bad impression with this product when I first tried it. I never "brush" my face before so I couldn't get used to the harsh feeling that the brush made to my skin. Then I chucked it somewhere when I sometimes even forget where I kept it until one day I accidentally saw it lying at a corner in my closet and I decided to give it a try again. 

After a week of using this Clarisonic Mia 2, I started to believe why people say it is a miracle. I always thought they are bragging or maybe their video was sponsored LOL. Not miracle in terms of it will make all your skin problems disappear or suddenly become Song Hye Kyo's flawless skin. I used it once a day, normally during my night routine after removing my makeup. The skin definitely feels softer and has less blemishes. But once a day is more than enough because I tried using it day and night, it dried out my skin. (Different people have different skin condition, you might want to start with using it once in 2 days.)

I highly recommend using this product but Clarisonic is more at the pricy side but there are quite a few brands coming out with similar products, maybe you are interested to do some research about it?

Shop: SEPHORA


I have heard and seen a lot of recommendation about Shu Uemura's cleansing oil and finally I bought the Shu Uemura cleansing oil travel set with 4 types of cleansing oil from the airport. The promoter recommended me to use the Anti/Oxi formula (green bottle). At first, it was alright but after some time using it I started to have some breakouts. I have combination skin so not sure if I did not cleanse my skin properly after using the cleansing oil or it does not suits my skin so I have stopped using it. (Maybe I will try it again some day as I have another 3 formula that I haven't tried out... Maybe I should change my routine to prevent breakouts.)

Then I switched to Biore Cleansing Oil and Biore Cleansing Water. I have been using it for 2 or 3 months, I really like it. I am a very lazy person so the with the cleansing oil, I can remove my makeup during shower, no cotton pad wasted! Plus, the price is more affordable too!

Shop: Guardian/Watson


I had been using Marykay's products since I was 16, about 7 or 8 years since. Sometimes, I will switch to T3 cleansing gel when I am having serious breakouts but in the end I will still come back to Marykay as the formula does not dries out my skin and it does not have any strong fragrance. Frankly speaking, this cleanser has a mild formula, it does not makes your face squeaky clean nor does stopping my skin from having breakouts (Cuz sometimes breakouts are caused by hormone). 

I am a person with high brand loyalty but if you know any products that is good for combination skin (with whitehead problems), please tell me by leaving a comment below.

Shop: I think you can only buy it from Marykay's Beauty Consultant


When LANEIGE first launched this product I was so thrilled to try it out. It comes with one compact with one additional refill pack. I had been using this product for about 9 months. Before that I have tried other brand BB cream and also CC cream but this is the best so far as the application was the most convenient. You can bring it anywhere and touch up whenever you need. It has little coverage, unlike foundation, but it is build-able and it will leave your skin with a dewy and natural look. I must admit that I did not like it when I first tried it out as I was used to foundation which has more matte finish. 

Shop: SEPHORA


So, basically I will use LANEIGE BB Cushion when I go out because it has SPF 50+ PA+++, a lazy person like me would never bother to apply extra sunscreen. The application is so easy that you can just simply pat it back on after taking whuduk (To remove the makeup before taking whuduk, I recommend using Biore Makeup Remover Wipes so you don't have to bring a whole bottle of cleanser or makeup remover). When I came home from class, I will remove my makeup with Biore Cleansing Oil, then I will use Clarisonic Mia 2 with Marykay's Cleanser to cleanse my face while taking shower. Everything done in one go cuz I am lazy.  

That's all for today's blog, thank you for sparing time to read, hope you like it cuz I enjoy trying  out different products (except for cleanser) and share my thoughts with people. Have a good day!






Comments

Popular Posts