A Self-Reflection

Assalamualaikum.

A few days ago when I was writing my previous blog post, I opened the HTML tabs as I wanted to insert a Youtube link. I was horrified and dazed looking at the codes. I am not even exaggerating.

It has been 2 or 3 years that I have not touched HTML or CSS, it looks completely unfamiliar now. This reminds me of when I went back home for Chinese New Year, I was excited to switch on my electronic piano that I had left untouched for almost a year. Then, I realized I had forgotten a few songs that actually memorized for years. Can you imagine how terrified I was with my rusted brain?

I think my brain is aging too fast. I can't remember the skills that I learned if I didn't practice it within 6 months. I doubted too if I am qualified to consider myself a photographer as I have not taken any photos (like professionally for events, journalism or etc.) for a year now?

Turning 25 soon in 1 month time. Looking at some young entrepreneurs such as Vivy Yusof, Fadzarudin Anuar, Brian Loo, Red Hong Yi, Mira Filzah and etc and makes me ponder on my own direction. It is very inspiring on reading articles or interviews of successful entrepreneurs. It motivates me to step out from my comfort zone and work harder. Not that I wanted to become an entrepreneur or businesswoman, but we need to admit the fact that we are grown-ups, stop labeling ourselves as "young adult" and start taking up more responsibilities.

It is almost coming to the end of February. I am trying to change my daily routine and trying to be a little more punctual (cause I spent too much time on makeup and fixing my tudungs OPS). I think had a good start for 2017, hopefully, the work momentum will get better and better throughout the year.

Lastly, I am going to end this blog with one of my After Effects assignment (title sequence of my favorite movie series) which I did in my Degree. I do miss working with AE and I think my skills had RIP as I haven't opened the program since I finished my Degree. I will try to pick it up again, InsyaAllah.









Comments

Popular Posts