Beauty Blog: Hermo Haul

Assalamualaikum,

It is coming to the end of March. Time flies, seriously. At the beginning of the month, I attended the ABU Digital Broadcasting Symposium 2017 at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur. Last year I attended the conference for the first time but I had to admit that I was blurred the whole time because there is a huge gap between the knowledge we got in university and the real industry. Technology is changing fast and this conference is really an eye opener for me. Fortunately, this year I am able to catch up better. Will blog about it soon after I done my proposal for dissertation. 

Now a lot of companies will attach a note like this. It just enhances the experience and makes you feel a little more special when opening the parcel. Thank you Hermo Team!

March is always my favorite month because it is my Birthday month! I am excited not because of my Birthday is coming soon but I am waiting for my parcels from FashionValet. I used to hate online shopping but now I am getting obsessed with it. My main concern of online shopping is the quality of the product that we are purchasing, whether it the material is up to our expectation and does the actual product look exactly the same with the photo. 

Back then, like probably 10 years ago, the pre-online shopping era, we had something called "mail order". Usually, there is a catalog (attached in the middle section of magazines), selling products such as accessories, apparel, gifts and etc. Unlike Cosway or Amway that has an actual shop, this one you need to buy some sort of cash voucher from the post office (or you can bank in the company as well) and you fill up the form of items that you wanted then order through the mail.  The one that my friend always use was called 银河 if I am not mistaken. 

At my first and only time purchasing through mail order, I bought a couple necklace (I gave one of it to my cousin) and a sling bag. The necklace was okay but the material of the sling bag was not what I had expected. The bag was cheap, how can you expect like high-quality cotton right? Then mom forbids me from mail order. I was stuck with that impression (cannot trust products from the photo) until recently. 

Unfortunately, I do not have a better photo of the dress. Guess which one is the bride?

The first time I bought something online was through Zalora. I bought a Kaftan dress for my friend Anne's Malam Berinai. It was two years ago I think. The delivery was very efficient. I ordered the night before and I got my parcel the next day. Although the dress is a little bulkier than what I expected due to the material but the overall experience was not bad. 

hermo.my

Last year, I came across Hermo.my, which is an online shopping site that carries a lot of Asian beauty products (especially Korean brand). The price is cheaper than the retail price in store. I am not going to describe every detail of it. 

I received my Hermo parcel today (I ordered it 2 days ago). I am excited as you can tell, I have not blog as efficiently since a long time.

I did not go crazy this time, I only bought 2 items (although I really want to buy more). #shopaholicwillalwaysbeshopaholic#  I bought Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Sonic Cleansing and Pony Effect Favorite Fluid Lip Tint in Romantic Breathe. 

I have owned a Clarisonic Mia 2 (Blog Link Here) but I lost it after house moving. The reason I bought this Mia 1 is because it is having 50% discount (I think Mia 1 is no longer at Sephora) and I really want a facial sonic cleansing brush but Mia 2 is double in price. 

Mia 1 only has 1 speed while Mia 2 has 2 speeds (Delicate and Universal speed). Another additional function for Mia 2 is that it has T-Timer which indicates when to move to the other part of the face. Other than that, it is pretty much similar. 

For people who can't afford to buy the Clarisonic at its retail price but still wanting to try it, I think you can give Mia 1 a try. Now (at this moment when I am typing) Hermo (Click Here) still offers it in 50% discount which only cost RM258 inclusive GST. But I need to highlight that it only comes with 2 months warranty.

Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Sonic Cleansing
Discount Price: RM258 (Inclusive GST)
Retail Price: RM516
**2 Months Warranty 

The other thing I bought is Pony Effect Favorite Fluid Lip Tint in #Romantic Breathe. It is a coral pink (not the Barbie doll kind of pink which makes me look sick). The packaging is pretty, the tube is in rose gold. I have always wanted to buy Pony Effect products because I am a fan of Pony Makeup. Alhamdulilah finally gets to get one product from the brand. (You know why I only bought one? Because a lot of the products are out of stock for the moment, that's why.)  Ops! This Fluid Lip Tint comes in 5 colors (#Go Pit A Pat, #Romantic Breathe, #Fatal Allure, #Simon Pure and #Be Agape). Unfortunately only #Romantic Breathe and #Simon Pure is available at the moment. 


Pony Effect Favorite Fluid Lip Tint
#Romantic Breathe
4.5g
RM73.14 (Inclusive GST)
After the first try, I am not quite sure if I like it. I love the packaging anyhow, that could be my biggest urge to purchase other shades when they are back in stock. It is supposed to be a "lip tint" but I feels more like a tinted lip balm instead. This is quite similar to Benefit's Tint Hydrating Lip Balm but in liquid form. However the color pay off for this Pony Effect Favorite Fluid Lip Tint is way better than Benefit's Tint Hydrating Lip Balm. The color is vibrant and it has a fruity scent. The Lip Tint is very hydrating (unlike most of the lip tint will leave you with chapped lips) but it does fade after having a drink or a meal. The applicator is soft, bendable and easy to use. 

I enjoy purchasing from Hermo and this is my third time shopping on Hermo. The delivery was good and another thing I like about the website is that you can refer to the customers' review of the products before purchasing. 

I shall stop here and continue writing my proposal. I am not paid to promote the website but only sharing my humble opinion about it. Thank you for reading and I hope it helps you in any way?! 

Have a nice day!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts