People that had Inspired Me [Part 1]

Assalamualaikum.

I would like to share about some of the people who had inspired me along this journey. Of course there are a lot of people who inspired me, shown me the "akhlak" of a Muslim and taught me to be a better person, and the inspiration of cause including our Prophet Muhammad SAW, whom we should look up on to.

But in today's blog post, I would like to share about 2 beautiful Muslim sisters who had made me brave to make this decision to revert. Before I revert, I barely had any reverted friends and it feels uneasy as if I am the only one dealing with this kind of situation.

Before I revert in last April, or having the slightest thought of wanting to revert, there is this lady that I came across and she was Felixia Yeap or Raisyyah Rania Yeap (RaRa). I followed her blog few years back and that time she was still a sexy model, a playboy bunny. I stoped following her news when I stoped blogging. One day, my best friend told me that Felixia Yeap was wearing hijab for quite awhile. I was like 'No you must me kidding me' and that girl must be out of her mind, why on earth a beautiful girl must get herself all covered up plus she haven't even revert at that time. Back then, I think Hijab was hideous (Astagfirullah) and why Muslimah wanted to cover themselves up when they look beautiful with their hair down. I think she was crazy but I was the one crazier who follow her Facebook page and constantly check on her new updates (like a stalker -.-!).

Taken From: RaisyyahRaniaYeapOFFICIAL Facebook Page

Then slowly I thought, maybe Hijab wasn't that bad cause she still looks stunning in it and she had made Muslimah wear look fashionable. Stalked her for quite a few months till she became an ambassador for Neng Geulis Malaysia. It is funny that I actually enjoyed seeing her wearing proper Muslimah wear. It looks modest but chic at the same time. 

One day (a week before I revert), just out of my curiosity, I asked my friend to bring me to Neng Guelis outlet in Damansara (I am not advertising but sharing the real incident) to check out the store. It was a very awkward moment for a non-muslim to walk into a Hijab shop and I happened to buy 2 Hijabs. One of the lady of the store taught me how to wear it and my first impression was "God, I look so funny (in a bad way) and nothing like Felixia". (Sometimes you gotta admit that, it is the FACE PROBLEM   LOL) I had fun with my new hijab in the car along the way back home that day. Now, I really enjoy wearing hijab and styling it became my new hobby. (Wearing a Hijab wasn't that bad and my first impression was not quite accurate) 

RaRa is one of my motivation of coping with the society especially from my non-Muslim family and friends. I have to admit that it is hard at first because I do not know anyone like me in my surroundings. It is difficult to find the moderation between how to be a good Muslim and not making my family or friends felt uncomfortable at the same time. Time was all I need to learn how to fit in and I think I am coping quite well now, Alhamdulilah. 

Never met RaRa in person but get to talked to her once on the phone. I am thankful for having the chance to thank her (Thanks to my brother for making that happen). I swear I had butterflies in my tummy on that very moment. XD

The second inspiration was from sister Mary-Ann Gooi Pei Pei. I watched this video before I really made up my mind to revert. She has the same doubt as I do and answered most of my questions. I think this video is very inspiring and maybe you would like to have a look?

I met her once during my assignment video shoot on the Mega Street Dakwah event (2014) organized by Multiracial Reverted Muslim organization. I was thrilled to see her in real life but I was too shy to talk to her. 




I think I will stop here for now. May both of them always be blessed by the love of Allah and be guided by Him. Amin.

Thanks for sparing your time to read this blog and hope you have a nice day!




Assalamualaikum.

Comments

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I just read this entry of yours when I came across sister Mary-Ann video in YouTube. What she said was true especially nobody ever told her about Islam even though she have had muslim friends in her life. That line struck me hard.. really really hard actually for not being able to tell my non muslim friends about the truth. I've really understand the translation of surah al-Ikhlas thanks to her (before this I understand it but only for own self and when reciting Quran/prayer). People like all of you have open up my eyes and I want to pass about Islam to as many non muslim as possible, to let them know the right path. But as a born and brought up muslim, with muslim surrounding I can say I don't have that ability to speak and convey about Islam to non muslim. I don't know the way and where to start. Do you know what were you looking/what you have in mind when you first searching for the truth? I hope to understand better of non muslim thinking from a reverted like you if you don't mind sharing?
    Finally, please keep up of your learning about Islam and hope we both get hidayah from Allah until the end of life.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamualaikum, thank you for visiting my blog.

      At first I wasn't know what I was looking for. I questioned and condemned a lot about Islam before I reverted. We who are born and raised in non-Muslims communities, are always surrounded with wrong perception towards Islam (to be honest, not all Muslims really understood their religion as well). The media is spreading a lot of rumors and we see "western ideology" as the "truth". In my opinion, a lot of western ideology is conflicting with Islam's teachings and that is what makes people are far away from the truth.

      Soon after I reverted, I start learning more about this religion and got closer to Allah. Until today, I still have questions about Islam but lucky enough I have great teachers to help me through my confusions. I always believe that when we question and ask Allah for guidance, He will show us to the truth without us realizing it.

      I hope I have answered some of your questions and may Allah guide us until the end of life.

      Assalamualaikum, peace be upon you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts