随遇而安 suí yù ér ān

Assalamualaikum.


Its December already. I have not open my blog since May, MasyaAllah. Reflecting to the 2017 resolution that I wrote earlier in March, I think I had only achieved 45%?! Ok, that's not good. Need a constructive self-criticism before I start planing for my 2018 resolution. 

If you happen to notice that I had written a mandarin blog title "随遇而安", is because I could not find a perfect English phrase for it. It is a mandarin idiom that means to be able to accommodate or adapt to oneself in different circumstances. I like that idiom a lot as it describes my life right now so well.

If you are experiencing changes in life and you are struggling to accept it or having hard time to adapt in the new environment, don't worry, I have my fair share in dealing with this kind of emotions. I am not saying I am a pro in dealing negative emotions but just to show that you are not alone.

If you knew me in the past and you may notice I am in a complete different environment now. Life is full of wonders and a lot of challenges as well. Allah SWT had already written our path. Syukur Alhamdulilah, I am living a life that I had never imagined. Am I happy now? I am grateful but sometimes the stress is intense too. The enjoyment and the challenge is proportional. You gain some and you loose some. Many people had came and left. I am still constantly questioning why Allah SWT had put me in such position. There must be a reason and maybe one day I will find out. 

Going through the ups and downs in life, I had learnt an equation to accommodate in different circumstances. When Allah SWT put you in a test, be patient, pray to Allah SWT, stay positive, let the negativity slides off your back, cry as hard as you can and move on. Sometimes people around you can be shady. If its a constructive criticism, maybe you should self-reflect and take the advice. If its the opposite, just ignore it. (Yes, I know that is the hardest part and I sometimes find it difficult to deal with too.) By all means, don't hold on to the negativity and don't let it traps you in sorrow. Prayer to Allah SWT is my best advice. Crying to your parents may just worries them but crying to Allah SWT, insyaAllah the All-Mighty and All-Knowing will lead you to the right path.

I have came across an article in Firefly inflight magazine about reminder or self-reflection quotes. My favorite one was "You are Where You are Supposed to be". And lucky enough, I have snapped a picture of it so I would like to share this with you too:
"Right now, you are where you're supposed to be. No matter your age, your past, your present, this can be a new starting point if you choose it to be so. To understand this, you have to let go of the natural human desire to compare. There is nothing to be gained by comparing your life to that of another. They are where they need to be, as are you. 

You have to love where you are in life. See it as both a blessing and a challenge. There are many things to count that you can be grateful for, but this does not mean you should settle. Life is not static, neither is your journey through it. 

Do not wish that you were living the life of someone else. This is your life. Be grateful for where you are then work on making things better and at becoming better."
That just sums up everything. Don't compare yourselves with the others and don't be jealous with what others have that you don't. You may not know what hardship they have gone through to be able to be where they are now. Having less does not mean you are loosing. Maybe it is not meant for you yet. Just a piece of my mind. 


Taken with: Sumsung Note8
拥有越多越容易不知足,贪得无厌。感恩上苍给与不曾间断的考验,时时刻刻提醒这我,所谓的“身外之物”都只是暂时的,没有什么是属于自己的。
拥有时,记得感恩;失去了,不要悲伤,得不到,也不要太执着。不是有句话说,身外之物,生不带来,死不带去。
所以,只有对真主的信念才是永恒的。
四处漂泊,处处无家处处家,进而学会了随遇而安。


Thanks for reading. May Allah SWT grant you with happiness. 









Comments

Popular Posts